Monday, January 14, 2008

"Lots of people go to college for seven years..." "Yeah, they're called doctors."

Well, Steve started a new job last week and I'm very pleased to report that he abslutely loves it! He works for CompHealth Group. His job (in a nutshell) is to create relationships with hospitals and clinics to help them employ radiologists for locum tenen positions. I'm not really sure how it all works, all I know is that he can make a lot of money and he enjoys what he does. I'm working as a Medical Assistant and I do laser hair removal, and I love what I do! If I can't stay home and have babies, then this is the next best thing.

Steve is on his final year of school, a process he began a mere 7 years ago. Granted, he did take a two year break for a mission, but he is so ready to be done, as am I. I'm very glad that I got my schooling out of the way when I was single! Although I will probably go back, Steve's anguish over his schooling has not persuaded me to return with any zeal. But I am very proud of him and he hardly ever complains about having to work full time, go to school and still find time to have a happy, healthy marriage (which he does all of those things quite well).

We now have a new member of our family!!! Steve and I took on another dog. Her name is Marley, she's an Old English Sheepdog and she is painfully sweet. We have absolutley fallen in love with her. She's a little over a year old, which is perfect for us, because it will take the big, round pleading adorable little child of mine eyes to convince me to ever have a puppy again. It's like having a very finicky newborn, but it's so worth it! I just don't want to do it soon...Our first dog Tugsley is adjusting to having a friend aroung all the time, and they play together so cute! Tugs just turned two on Christmas, and he is such a good dog. He's a St. Bernard/Chocolate Lab Mix, and he is adorable! Steve always says how disappointing his size is (he was envisioning a 130 pound mutt)...much to his chagrin and my delight, he was the runt of the litter and is only 80 pounds. So we now have the life we talked about when we were dating...we live in a beautiful home, Steve is in a career he enjoys, and we have two big dogs to protect us and love on. Now if we could just make a wee one...

I will post pictures of our house soon. We live in a great community called Daybreak and we have wonderful neighbors and we are enjoying every amenity the community has to offer! It has trails all through the neighborhood and people are always out enjoying the lake in the summer and sledding in the winter. It's great! Plus, our friends the Lund's live not but 4 doors down! I love having them so close!

Well, life is good! I just read Angie's blog, and don't worry Ang, I'm right there with ya. Clomid is a beast...I have been getting hot flashes about every 10-15 minutes and I feel like a crazy person. Here's to getting Prego!!

9 comments:

Juls said...

Hey Kacey, I saw your blog on Angies! So weird, I have a friend who lives in Daybreak and also works at CompHealth! She lives about a blockish or so away from where the temple is going up. Anyway, sorry to hear that you are in the same boat with Angie. I will admit, that is my biggest fear because it runs in my family. Only time will tell though...

Angie said...

Kacey, hopefully we will be prego together soon!!! I can't wait until it happens for the both of us. Now if only I could stop making everyone around me miserable. Hmmm. I'll have to think on that. I love you!

Rogers Family Blog said...

Hey Kacey. I am glad I found your blog. I love your new place in Daybreak and i have to say we miss the Lunds (and you guys sitting on their lawn late at night). You have another dog? Are you crazy? We can't even handle our one, so maybe you can train ours. Happy you are doing so well. Good luck with the prego stuff. My friends have had to do the same thing...what is in the water? keep in touch. kelli

The Lunds said...

Hey Kacamajace, I know you will be logging in soon. It's addicting. Hey, have you figured out how to put music on yet? Let me know if you do. Oh yeah, I caught Brian trying to leave a comment about how cute your blog is. I don't think he saved or published it. How did narley Marley puff fluff do last night? Talk to you later

The McKell Spot said...

YAY I am so excited that you have joined this blog world! I'm so excited about your new dog, now Tag will have 2 friends to play with. Link me and I will do likewise to my blog. Love you guys!!

The Poulsen Family said...

Hi Kacey (and Steve I guess) it's good to see you blogging. I finally just got signed on a couple months ago and I'm very addicted. I can’t wait to see more pictures of your house. I’m glad to hear the Tommy Boy is finally done with school, what a blessing huh?? Be sure to keep in touch!
Janet

MissLed said...

Hooray you're a blogger! I was excited to see you commenting on Holly's blog. Congratulations on the new addition to the family (by that I mean Marley) and on your adorable new house!

The Lunds said...

Hi Kacey this is Robyn again. I just wanted you to feel super cool cause you are! You look awesome tonight sitting right next to me. Later Dudette!

Kandis Mortensen said...

Yeah! I was SO HAPPY to hear from you! Keep up the blogging so I can see how you're doing! I think Carter would LOVE to come play with your dogs and I know you'd LOVE to hold my little Brooks--so tell me when and we'll be there! (callmekam@yahoo.com) AND, the Clomid is worth it! We'll have to chat you baby hungry girl! love ya!